In addition to the workshops, the FDLC has prepared several helpful resources on the Order of Celebrating Matrimony.
§ A booklet for the bride and groom – “The Gift of Love: A Guide to Preparing the Wedding Liturgy”
§ A book for Deacons who have faculties to preside at Rite II or Rite III – “Presiding at the Celebration of Matrimony: A Guide for Deacons”
§ “How Wonderful the Bond: A Pastoral Companion to the Order of Celebrating Matrimony”
§ The Crookston diocese has ordered the FDLC Workshop Kit “Marriage and Mystery: A Workshop Kit on the Order of Celebrating Matrimony” for use here (released in July). Deans are encouraged to set up trainings for all those involved in marriage and wedding preparation: priests, deacons, FOCCUS couples, music ministers, youth, sacramental catechists, etc. Call Mary Dahl to arrange your date.
1) Important Dates for Implementation of new OCM
Authorized Shipping Date from all Publishers: August 25, 2016
Initial Implementation: September 8, 2016
Mandatory Implementation: December 30, 2016
Thank you for your patience in this process of formation and implementation.
Revised “Together for Life” books from Ave Maria Press
* The Together for Life books will be coming out with the new translation of the rite to follow the Order of Celebrating Matrimony. Because of the number of changes and additions, there will be no replacement packs. A new edition of Together for Life will be available for purchase on September 6, 2016.
* Download a free infographic to display a brief history behind the Order of Celebrating Matrimony. This is a great free resource to share with your parish! For more information about the changes to the Order of Celebrating Matrimony and to download the free infographic, click here
* Click the links down below to purchase the new edition of Together for Life:
* To read a more detailed description of the changes read this article from the website, For Your Marriage.
USCCB Pastoral Letter: