St. JP II Middle School Camp Staff
The purpose of St. John Paul II Middle School Camp Staff is to help participants deepen their understanding, experience the love of Christ, and desire to follow Him in His Church. This takes place in daily encounters with God through the Mass, Sacraments, Sacred Scripture, prayer, worship, fellowship, and service. Staff must be passionate, flexible, & prepared to work alongside the Diocesan Director to accomplish the camp’s mission.
It is in giving of ourselves that we receive! Christ’s sacrifice on the Cross that we receive in the Eucharist shows us that only through a total and sincere gift of self that we are truly able to find ourselves. Camp Staff members are asked to serve wholeheartedly, devoting ourselves to the campers’ needs, and for the glory of God. Your presence as the heart and hands of Christ will serve not only the campers, but your own faith journey.
To help discern whom God is calling to staff St. John Paul II Middle School Camp, the application includes questions that will help the us get to know you better, similar to the ones we will ask of our Service Team.
APPLICATION WINDOW IS CLOSED
- Applicants must be high school graduates, at least 18 years of age, and Safe Environment certified by May 5th, 2017.
Requirements and Deadlines
- Submit two letters of recommendation:
1) From your parish priest
2) from an adult who knows you well and is not a family member
- All applicants must be present for the entirety of their chosen camp: July 9-13, 2017 (training July 7-9, 2017); July 16-20, 2017 (training July 14-16, 2017)
- Applications and letters of recommendation must be received by Friday, March 10th, 2017
- Mail hardcopy applications and/or letters of recommendation to:
Diocese of Crookston
ATTN: St. JPII Camp Staff
P.0. Box 610
Crookston, MN 56716
- Commitment and balance of $50 due by May 5th, 2017
If you have any questions, please call or email Anthony Lavorata: (218) 281-4533 x435 or