The St. John Paul II Camp Service Team is an awesome opportunity for high school juniors and seniors to have a life-changing week with Jesus: Serving Him and His Church at our annual Diocesan camp for middle school. The Service Team (ST) will partner with the adult staff for the week, collaborating for the good of our campers. Service Team is a week filled with hard work for the glory of God. Come with a positive attitude and the heart of Christ for service and you will find that your faith will grow in profound ways as you show love to the campers and staff in a very practical and direct way.
More than work, those on the Service Team will participate in small-group activities with the rest of the ST, participate in formation led by Service Team Directors, perform skits and dramas, lead meal graces, and share their testimonies to the campers. This is an opportunity for you to grow deeper in your own relationship with Christ as a Service Team member.
To help discern whom God is calling to be on the service team for St. John Paul II Middle School Camp, the application includes questions that will help us get to know you better, and reference letters from those that can attest to character.
Requirements and Deadlines:
- Applicant must be entering junior or senior year of high school in the Fall of 2019 and must be under the age of 18 at the start of camp.
- Submit two letters of recommendation (to be completed online HERE):
1) From your DRE or Youth Minister
2) from an adult who knows you well and is not a family member
- All applicants must be present for the entirety of their chosen camp: July 5-11, 2019 (training July 5-7, 2019); July 12-18, 2019 (training July 12-14, 2019).
- Applications and letters of recommendation must be received by Monday, April 15th, 2019.
- Commitment, forms, and balance of $100 per camp ($200 if working both camps) due by Saturday, June 1st, 2019.