The purpose of St. John Paul II Camp Staff is to help participants deepen their understanding of the Catholic faith, help them experience the love of Christ in new ways, and awaken a deeper desire to follow Him in His Church. This takes place in daily encounters with God through the Mass, Sacraments, Sacred Scripture, prayer, worship, fellowship, and service. Staff must be passionate, flexible, & prepared to work alongside the Diocesan Director to accomplish the camp’s mission.
Camp Staff members are asked to serve wholeheartedly, devoting ourselves to the campers’ needs, and for the glory of God. Your presence as the heart and hands of Christ will serve not only the campers, but your own faith journey. If selected to being on staff, some of your roles will include: facilitating small group throughout the camp, supervising cabins at night, actively participating in large group activities, and being a role model to both the campers and the service team members.
To help discern whom God is calling to staff St. John Paul II Camp, the application includes questions that will help us get to know you better, and reference letters from those that can attest to character.
Requirements and Deadlines:
- Submit two letters of recommendation (to be completed online HERE):
1) From your parish priest
2) from an adult who knows you well and is not a family member
- All applicants must be present for the entirety of their chosen camp: July 6-12, 2018 (training July 6-8, 2018); July 13-19, 2018 (training July 13-15, 2018)
- Applications and letters of recommendation must be received by Monday, April 9th, 2018
- Commitment, forms, and balance of $50 per camp ($100 if working both camps) due by Friday, June 1st, 2018